Thursday, December 19, 2013

Easy Monkey Bread

Ok. To start this off, I have a confession. I am the world's worst blogger out there. I swear if there was an award for the worst blogger known to man kind, it would be me. Seriously, the other day I was reading a blog about "how to blog" (trivial I know), but anyways the author made such a good point when she said "Do not start a blog unless you have 50 ideas all ready to go, and you can make time for them". Well see the thing is, I have TONS of ideas (like A MILLION) but I never make time to document them. So, I'll make a promise to start posting more of my BRILLIANT thoughts and ideals :)

Now, on to the good stuff....



One weekend at Garret's parents house, his mom kept talking about how she was going to make monkey bread and what not and the entire time I'm thinking (that seems wayyyyy to hard for me to ever attempt). Well, she vaguely told me some recipe and it seemed simple enough, so I decided to give it go.

 

All you need are two cans of biscuit dough (I used the GRANDS version), a stick of butter, cinnamon, brown sugar and white sugar. I almost forgot to mention you'll need cooking spray AND  bundt pan.
 
 

Using a knife or pizza cutter, cut each individual biscuit into fourths
 
 
Toss your cut biscuit fourths in a cinnamon/sugar mixture
 
 
Arrange your pieces evenly in a GREASED bundt pan
 

 
Finally, pour your melted butter/brown sugar mixture over top
 
 
Your ending result should look something like this. Wait about 10-15 minutes for the bread to cool and lastly, flip the bread onto a plate and serve!
 
 
 
 
 

 
Ingredients
  • 1/2 Cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 2 cans refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
  • 1 stick of melted butter or margarine
  • I cup packed brown sugar
 
Instructions
  1. Heat oven to 350. Grease bundt pan.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon.
  3.  Separate dough into fourths. Then coat inside mixture.
  4. Arrange in pan. In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and butter; pour over biscuit pieces.
  5. Bake 28-32 minutes or until golden brown and no longer doughy in center.
  6. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Turn upside down onto serving plate.
I wrapped the left overs in plastic and put into the microwave before serving again.
 
This bread was heavenly and I am not sure of the caloric intake of it and quite frankly I don't care. It was a perfect and east treat for a Sunday breakfast and I will definitely be making this again.
 
Enjoy!




5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am starting a new series called How Pinteresting where I highlight the pins I actually did this week, would you mind if shared your recipe if I linked back to your site and gave you credit?

Unknown said...

Sounds interesting! go ahead, I'm glad this recipe worked out for you!

M J said...

Can this be put together the day before? Then just add the cinnamon and butter and bake it the next morning?

Unknown said...

Had to cook this 10 extra minutes. It still was a little gooey. Is it because I used a pamper chef stoneware?

Unknown said...

I used dark brown sugar (that's all I had.on hand), they didn't blend. IS it supposed to be light brown sugar? You didn't specify. Thanks

Post a Comment

 
" "