Monday, October 14, 2013

DIY Coasters



As much as I loooooove extreme furniture make overs and wreaths that take me days to complete, I always enjoy an easy craft to relax on a Sunday.

These coasters only took me about 20 minutes to make and I love them. Even better is that they didn't involve anything too fancy or extreme.

What you'll need
- Tile or a backsplash piece
- Felt (I've seen some done with a cork board, but I preferred felt)
- Glue gun
- Scissors

 
Believe it or not, the tile I used was a backsplash that was technically "gifted to me". The thing is,  Garret's mom loves to craft just as much as I do and she wanted to make these same coasters for me. Well, I kinda found the surprise when visiting one day so she just gave the tile to me to do myself. And I just love the look of the tiles as is. The backsplash was either bought at Home Depot or Lowes on sale. (I'll have to verify)
 
 
First, cut the individual squares from the tiles (there should be a net like backing on the backsplash which allowed easier cutting)

 
Then cut the felt into squares, making sure they line up with your tiles (the one shown above was a mess up, I was busy running my mouth on the phone.. oops!)

 
Once all the felt is cut, then use the glue gun to attach the felt to the backs of the tiles.

 
Lastly, tie the tiles up. I used some twine I had left over from another project and added the key for a cutesy look.

 
And of course I HAD to test them out!
 


1 comments:

Kaitlin Rose said...

So easy. And so grown-up :) Love the new background!!

Post a Comment

 
" "