Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Simple Wreath Tutorial




One of my all time favorite things to do (besides running and drinking wine) is to make wreaths. I love them, I swear I don't have enough doors to hang them all. I'm almost positive you can have a wreath for every time of the year. Winter, Spring, Fall, Summer, 4th of July, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, Valentines day, labor day, flag day, MLK day, my birthday, okay you get the point. But if there is day, there is a themed wreath to go along with it.

I always hear people tell me. "Well I'm not crafty enough to make a wreath" or "I don't have time to make a wreath". Lies. I'm going to show you how to make a simple wreath that only took me around 25 minutes and 15.00 dollars to make.

Things You'll Need
  • Grapevine wreath
  • Glue gun
  • Accessories
  • Scissors

As you can see I have a random array of things. However, as for my "accessories" for my wreath, I chose hydrangeas (duh), letters and burlap.

First, when you using flowers, it's always best to "de-stem" them.


I actually cut the stems all the way up to the actual flower for easier gluing.

Then, I wanted to make a bow out of burlap. And I know, bows can be scary to make, however I found this method to make bows a while back and realized "why didn't I think of this absolutely genius method?!" Anyways, to start off making the bow you want to just cross whatever material you are using.

Then using your glue gun, make a "strap". (This will be used to actually keep the bow together)


Finally just pinch in the middle and glue. Viola! A perfect bow.
 
After that, I just painted my letters to the color of my liking and attached everything to the wreath.
 
 


And there you have it, everything I used for this wreath costs me around 15 dollars! The flowers were on a great sale at Michaels, about $5.00 for all. The wooden letters and heart were around a dollar each from Hobby Lobby and the burlap and wreath were about 6.00 dollars also from Hob Lobs. Another tip for getting a good deal are the coupons that Hobby Lobby offers (40% off a regular price item) and yes, they are wonderful.

Thanks!








1 comments:

Kaitlin Rose said...

That bow is fabulous!! More on the Hobby Lobby discount...if you have the app, you can just pull it up and show them the coupon and you get your 40%. No worries about printing it before hand! (I always forget.)

Post a Comment

 
" "